Mario Gössl, MD, PhD
Dr. Goessl joined Minneapolis Heart Institute® at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in 2016 from Dean Clinic, Madison WI where his was the director of the structural heart disease program and a clinical adjunct assistant professor at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. He was previously an assistant professor of medicine at Mayo Clinic. Dr. Goessl has authored, or co-authored, more than 100 published manuscripts and book chapters, and is a national and international speaker in the areas of valvular and coronary heart disease.
Dr. Goessl’s special interest is structural heart interventions, such as transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR), MitraClip, transcatheter tricuspid valve repair, left atrial appendage closure (Watchman), ASD/PFO closure and other similar therapies.
- Transcatheter aortic and mitral valve replacement (tavr/tmvr)
- Watchman (left atrial appendage closure)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention
- Transcatheter tricuspid valve repair
- Paravalvular leak closure
- Asd/pfo closure
- Endothelial dysfunction
- Aortic valve stenosis
- Mitral valve regurgitation/stenosis