Job Posting: Research Associate
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Research Associate to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 41st year, MHIF is recognized globally as a research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine with cutting-edge science centers.
The Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) program is looking for a kind, curious, and dedicated person to join our team to help drive innovations and advance medical discoveries. Supporting the furtherance of the research and its dissemination with MHIF’s Research team, this Research Associate position involves writing protocols, collecting and entering patient data into study data systems, and assisting in abstract and manuscript writing. This role is well situated for those building a career in medicine, providing the opportunity to gain skills in project design, data organization and analysis, and research writing and dissemination.
Responsibilities may include:
- Abstract patient data from medical record or other source documents and enter into a registry, database or other study system.
- With supervision, make patient contacts to collect study required data.
- Draft text and/or charts for abstracts, manuscripts and poster/PowerPoint presentations.
- Conduct literature review and designated data analysis.
- Perform data validation and manipulation needs on research studies.
- Disseminate study outcomes internally, prepare and deliver presentations at Grand Rounds and potentially prepare for and present at national conferences.
- Assist with publication of manuscripts and abstracts.
- Participates in continued learning; participates in weekly observations: didactics and expert care and shadowing.
- May provide training, onboarding and ongoing support to other IIR research associates.
- Provides other support to the Scientific Services team and works collaboratively with all MHIF employees as part of a positive, supportive culture.
- Ensures Human Subject Protection:
- Determines subject eligibility based on protocol inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Assures all human participant’s questions and concerns are addressed continuously throughout study participation in a timely fashion.
- Properly identifies, documents and assists with Institutional Review Board (IRB) mandated reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to read medical charts and understand basic medical concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others as a team and in support of a positive work culture
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in Microsoft suite including Excel
Apply to join our talented 90+ person team:
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: March 1, 2023