Valve Science Center
A world-class research and education center for valvular heart disease, a life-threatening and debilitating condition when left untreated.
Join us in our mission to save the lives of patients with valvular heart disease!
MHIF Valve Science Team Helps Improve Quality of Life for People Suffering From Tricuspid Regurgitation Symptoms
In early October, MHIF researcher Dr. Paul Sorajja, Roger L. and Lynn C. Headrick Family Chair for Valve Science Research, implanted the first 4TECH TriCinch™ System in the Midwest (the 23rd in the world) at Minneapolis Heart Institute® at Abbott Northwestern Hospital. MHIF is one of seven centers in the U.S. conducting the device’s Early Feasibility Study.
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation®Enrolls Patient in World’s First Pivotal Trial Testing New Approach for Repairing Leaky Tricuspid Heart Valves TRILUMINATE Pivotal trial is the randomized clinical trial...
Dr. Paul Sorajja, Roger L. and Lynn C. Headrick Family Chair for Valve Science Research at MHIF's Valve Science Center, was interviewed by MedPage Today recently regarding...
Data from Largest Clinical Experience with Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement Published in Journal of the American College of CardiologyGlobal feasibility study enrolled symptomatic patients with primary or...
- First transcatheter mitral valve replacement in the U.S. Read more.
- First-in-human therapy of severe mitral annular calcification. Read more.
- First-in-human therapy of tricuspid regurgitation with the TriClip. Read more.
- First-in-human therapy with the MyoCor device for treatment of mitral regurgitation. Read more.
- First-in-human therapy of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with MitraClip. Read more.