Valve Science Center
A world-class research and education center for valvular heart disease, a life-threatening and debilitating condition when left untreated.
Join us in our mission to save the lives of patients with valvular heart disease!
For more information about valvular heart disease and current research studies, view the Valve Science Center patients page.
Learn about landmark achievements and publications and meet the team.
Support the mission and innovative work at the Valve Science Center and impact millions of lives.
Heart failure affects nearly 6 million Americans, but a new study on a tiny medical device, Abbott's MitraClip, is giving patients and their families hope. Dr. Paul...
Drs. Yader Sandoval, Paul Sorajja and Kevin Harris, researchers from MHIF's Valve Science Center, were recently published in The American Journal of Medicine for research around the...
Dr. Paul Sorajja, Roger L. and Lynn C. Headrick Family Chair for Valve Science Research at MHIF's Valve Science Center, has published "Structural Heart Cases: A Color...
- First transcatheter mitral valve replacement in the U.S. Read more.
- First-in-human therapy of severe mitral annular calcification. Read more.
- First-in-human therapy of tricuspid regurgitation with the TriClip. Read more.
- First-in-human therapy with the MyoCor device for treatment of mitral regurgitation. Read more.
- First-in-human therapy of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with MitraClip. Read more.
Read about the team of physicians, scholars and staff at the Valve Science Center.