Valve Science Center
The Valve Science Center is a world-class research and education center for heart valve disease.
As a world leader in cardiac valve disease research, we actively participate in major clinical trials and conduct research pursued by leading physicians to understand valve disease and apply new treatment, diagnosis or monitoring methods. We are committed to translating heart valve disease research findings, implementing the learnings into routine clinical practice and widely sharing the information nationally and globally.
Leading the way in improving care and outcomes for valve patients, we are are recognized for notable “firsts”, including:
• First implant in world’s first pivotal trial (large study used to seek regulatory approval for the device) to evaluate a new approach for repairing leaky tricuspid heart valves — 2019
• First-in-human therapy of tricuspid regurgitation with the TriClip — 2017
• First-in-human therapy of severe mitral annular calcification using the Tendyne mitral prosthesis — 2017
• First-in-human therapy of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with MitraClip — 2016
• First transcatheter mitral valve replacement in the U.S. with the Tendyne bioprosthetic mitral valve — 2015
– The center is a world-class leader in mitral valve replacement and remains the most experienced site in the world
• First-in-human therapy with the Myocor device for treatment of mitral regurgitation — 2008
Valve Science Center Publications
MHIF’s valve team has authored hundreds of papers and presents frequently at national and international conferences. Read some of the latest publications from our team below.
The following two publications were included in the Editor-in-Chief’s Top 100 Picks from 2019 in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology:
Valvular Heart Health Lectures from MHIF Grand Rounds
Watch recordings or view slides from past lectures on heart valve disease and related topics.
Stay up-to-date on heart health by joining our email community.