Post TAVR patients
To assess whether an investigational rivaroxaban-based anticoagulation strategy, following TAVR, compared to an antiplatelet-based strategy is superior in reducing death or first thromboembolic events (DTE).
CRITERIA LIST/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Successful TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement) of an aortic valve stenosis (either native or valve-in-valve)
- By iliofemoral or subclavian access with any approved/marketed device.
- Exclusion Criteria:
- Atrial fibrillation (AF), current or previous, with an ongoing indication for oral anticoagulant treatment.
- Any other indication for continued treatment with any oral anticoagulant (OAC)
- Clinically significant bleeding.
- Stroke within the last 3 months.
Paul Sorajja, MD