The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Marketing Communications Intern to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 36th year, MHIF is a recognized research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine and population health initiatives. Each year MHIF leads more than 175 active research projects and publishes more than 120 peer-reviewed studies and leads cutting-edge, transformative population health research to connect, engage, inform and empower individuals and communities to improve their health.
This internship is befitting for someone who is driven, interested in health care marketing communications, enjoys a fast-paced environment and desires experience working with both staff and agency consultants. This internship would begin as soon as possible and is designed to last for one semester (and may include a possibility of an extension).
Participate in a marketing communications internship experience that provides hands-on public and professional health communications experience, assisting staff in the following activities:
- Creating engaging online, social media, print and video content for events, programs, and general MHIF activities that engages target audiences
- Drafting press releases to showcase MHIF research outcomes
- Compiling compelling patient and community stories
- Developing marketing communications content for development and education events
- Providing onsite communications and logistic support at events including shooting video and taking pictures
- Serving as a supporting member of the marketing communication team
- Providing creative support as requested
- Supporting events as needed
- Conducting market research and collecting metrics for team
- Creating engaging PPT slides that align with brand standards
- Working collaboratively with all employees, agency staff and consultants as part of a positive, supportive culture.
Successful candidates will have completed at least their sophomore year in college, preferably their junior year, and are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, business or other related field and have experience in media communications, including a fluency and comfort in visual arts/video, social media and written communications. Exposure to public health, health care and education-related communication is helpful. You must be available at least 20 hours per week during daytime hours, with flexibility for additional hours.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Population Health, Education and Communications and will collaborate with several other team members. An hourly rate of $11.00/hour will be provided for this excellent opportunity.
To apply: Please use the following direct link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39263a55-c11d-480c-b3b1-4599b9d7ad64&jobId=250519&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
Date posted: January 7, 2019
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.