Job Posting: Laboratory Research Assistant
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation (MHIF) is looking for a Laboratory Research Assistant to support the ongoing needs of our clinical research trials, research databases and other research projects, with focus on cardiology specialty areas. Now in its 41st year, MHIF is one of the leading non-profit cardiovascular research and education institutions in the country. We exist to create a world without heart disease and our mission is to improve people’s lives through the highest quality cardiovascular research and education. With over 80 high caliber employees, we conduct cutting-edge clinical research and transformative community research.
Responsibilities may include:
- Research participant scheduling and registration
- Review protocols to fully understand all lab related tasks for each study. Query clinical research coordinator as needed
- Collect, process, store, and ship patient samples/specimens per protocol
- Track lab shipping, samples, storage
- Maintain, track and order lab supplies as needed
- Maintain temperature logs where appropriate (freezer, refrigerator, drug and device storage room, or any other place that a study requires a temperature log be kept) and report any temperature deviations
- Ensure all regulatory and safety requirements are followed
- Assist with study visits, including interacting and transporting patients, obtaining vital signs, and conducting tests and procedures as needed.
- Assist in the completion of case report forms under the direct guidance of the research coordinator
- Fax/copy/file case report forms and source documents. Redact documents according to guidelines.
- Prepare study visit packets
- Enter study required data into registry, database or other study systems
- Complete study specific imaging transfers for multiple studies
This position reports to Clinical Research Manager. The incumbent interacts regularly with MHIF Research Coordinators and other staff, Minneapolis Heart Institute (MHI) physicians, Abbott Northwestern staff, and vendors. The LRA with research participant scheduling and registration responsibilities receives daily guidance from and collaborates closely with the Research Support Specialist.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least one year of experience working in a clinical setting with exposure to medical charts and basic medical concepts.
- Phlebotomy experience highly preferred or willingness to learn.
- Minimum one year experience working with data management systems or in office settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with team members and contribute to a positive work culture. Skilled in interacting with and connecting with patients (good bedside manner).
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple projects; ability to shift priorities as instructed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and numerical aptitude.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel Data entry skills. Prior experience working with EMR
- Travel between hospital, clinic, Allina Lab and office repeatedly up to 8 hours per day.
- Stand to process lab work up to 4 hours per day.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position is fulfilled onsite
- Work in a cubicle in a typical office setting on campus
- Work in proximity to a hospital/clinic and laboratory setting with limited exposure to blood and body fluids, and dry ice
Apply to join our talented 90+ person team:
Please apply online using the link below and be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume.
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: May 8, 2023