Job Posting: Database Administrator
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Database Administrator to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 40th year, MHIF is recognized globally as a research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine with cutting-edge science centers.
The Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) program is looking for a kind, curious, and dedicated person to join our team to help drive innovations and advance medical discoveries. As a database administrator, you will be responsible for managing a large and diverse portfolio of research data resources. Working together with clinical investigators and research and informatics teams, you will help improve and streamline data management standards and practices.
- Manage and maintain MHIF’s data resources including data migration and integration, quality control, update, and reporting across multiple sources and platforms
- Help design and implement data management standard operating practices
- Monitor and support data collection to ensure quality, integrity, and regulatory compliance
- Develop, test, and set into production research study databases
- Create solutions to manage and support existing data resources
- Perform preventive maintenance functions of the data resources as appropriate
- Help improve and advance the enterprise data strategy
- Help establish, document, and maintain data requirements and standards
- Collaborate with research teams to develop self-service analytical tools and dashboards to stream-line processes, reporting, and visualization
This position reports to the Program Director, IIR and Data Science. In this role you will be working closely with clinical investigators, research scholars, the IIR team and scholars to actively support research efforts. This individual will also provide data management support during the annual summer internship program.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, informatics, or related field
- 3-5 years of related IS experience
- Expert knowledge of SQL, UNIX
- Experience with REDCap (Research electronic data capture) and clinical data warehousing
- Strong knowledge and experience developing visualization and reporting tools in R (tidyverse, shiny, RMarkdown)
- Highly organized with ability to work independently, take initiative and adhere to deadlines while prioritizing the workload across multiple projects
- Critical thinking, ability to understand and interpret methodological, clinical, and scientific information.
- Knowledge of and experience with using basic statistics to summarize and present data
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in an engaging and informative way
- Basic knowledge of data architecture and SQL
- Must have strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others as a team and in support of a positive work culture.
In this position, you must be able to:
- Work at a computer for long periods of time
- Walk between hospital, clinic, Allina Lab and office as needed
- Work during non-traditional working hours (evenings and weekends) on occasion
This job posting represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Join our talented 80+ person team:
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: June 30, 2022