Job Posting: Clinical Research Coordinator and Registered Nurse
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation (MHIF) is seeking an experienced Clinical Research Coordinator to join its outstanding research team. This is a great position for someone who enjoys working directly with patients while supporting the research endeavors of our busy physicians. The ideal candidate will have experience in clinical research and/or be a registered nurse. This individual will primarily work from the MHIF Minneapolis campus, focusing on research studies in electrophysiology. The individual may occasionally support research from the MHIF St. Paul campus.
Now in its 41st year, MHIF is one of the leading non-profit cardiovascular and vascular research and education institutions in the country. We exist to create a world without heart disease and our mission is to improve people’s lives through the highest quality cardiovascular research and education. Staffed with over 90 high caliber employees, we conduct cutting-edge clinical research and transformative community research.
- Provide support, coordination and leadership for research studies that may involve industry sponsored Phase I, II, III and IV clinical trials, drug, biologic, device, government-funded clinical research, and investigator-initiated clinical research.
- Ensure smooth, accurate progress of studies from the planning and approval stages through study completion and post-study closure.
- Recruit and screen study participants and help facilitate continued participation.
- Abstract data from medical records and other sources.
- Identify, document, and assist with Institutional Review Board (IRB) mandated reporting.
- Develop and ensure compliance with study protocols.
- Participate in the planning, development, and budgeting for clinical trials.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Minimum of two years clinical experience (cardiovascular experience preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, and electronic medical record systems e.g., Epic
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with a history of working collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and be results oriented
- Preference will be given to candidates with Certified Clinical Research Coordinator/Professional (CCRC or CCRP) certification
Apply to join our talented 100+ person team:
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: January 12, 2024