Job Posting: Billing Lead, Clinical Trials
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Billing Lead, Clinical Trials to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 41st year, MHIF is recognized globally as a research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine with cutting-edge science centers.
The Billing Lead, Clinical Trials is an integral member of the Business Services Team, providing clinical trial pricing, billing compliance, and accounting support to the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in clinical trial financial management, a knowledge of research contractual processes and a passion for innovation, heart health and education. Candidates that thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy being at the cutting edge, and have a commitment to continued process improvement are encouraged to apply. If you are ready to take your clinical trial financial management skills to the next level and employ your skills to help streamline our Business Research Services Team, this is the opportunity for you!
Key responsibilities include:
Research Study Pricing and Billing Compliance
- Provides support and coordination with respect to research services pricing and billing issues during study start-up and throughout study conduct.
- Maintains the systems needed to support compliant research billing.
- Provides ongoing billing compliance-related training to leaders and staff.
- Develops SOPs, work standards and instructions, and tools and resources to support function.
- Manages key business relationships with Allina, MHI and others and works to resolve issues with billing, compliance, accounts receivable and any other study related financial issues.
Clinical Trial Accounting
- Ensures the proper administration of post-award financial process for clinical trials.
- Manages the overall process for revenue and expense tracking.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities for research study financial management, including invoicing, cash application, and accounts receivable management.
- Oversees activities related to clinical trial forecasting, metrics tracking and reporting.
Develops & maintains SOPs, work standards and instructions, and tools and resources to support function.
Manages a portfolio of clinical trials ensuring proper capture of study activities, billing compliance, and receivables management.
- Provides guidance and training to one or more Research Business Specialists and ensures work process, workload, and delivery is aligned with team goals and meeting the needs of the organization.
- Shares information that is needed to perform the roles within the department.
Project Management/Other Duties as Assigned
- This individual may lead projects under the direction of the Finance Director to advance the overall strategy of the organization and includes other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Finance Director. This individual actively collaborates with MHIF research leadership and key partners within Allina Research Operations, Compliance and Legal teams to create and maintain a strong research infrastructure to support a large number of research trials and related projects.
Bachelor’s degree with a preference in business, finance or accounting.
Demonstrated knowledge of billing compliance guidelines and requirements.
Prior experience in training, supporting and coaching others; supervisory experience a plus.
Proven project management and business process improvement skills.
Well-developed communication, influence, and interpersonal skills with a history of collaboration with others
Proficiency in MS Office, MS Outlook, and electronic medical records systems.
Clinical trial, healthcare, or related financial management experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of research contractual terms and requirements.
Lean leadership experience.
Previous experience utilizing a clinical trial management system, helpful.
Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods.
This is a hybrid position based in Minneapolis, MN. This job description represents the major functions of the position and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Apply to join our talented 90+ person team:
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: November 28, 2023