Job Posting: Biostatistician I/II
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Biostatistician to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 40thyear, MHIF is recognized globally as a research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine with cutting-edge science centers.
The Investigator Initiated Research program is looking for a kind, curious, and dedicated person to join our team to help drive innovations and advance medical discoveries. As a biostatistician, you will be responsible for providing statistical support for clinical research initiatives including help with study design, preparing and implementing statistical analysis plans, helping interpret the analysis results, providing assistance with publications, grants, and communications.
- You will collaborate with clinical investigators and provide statistical support for clinical studies, including assisting with study design, data quality check and formatting, statistical programming and analysis
- You will assists data informatics teams with data extractions from enterprise data warehouse
- You will help review, summarize and present literature relevant to the study to the study team
- You will use data visualizations, written and verbal communications to share insights with investigators and team members
- You will help with dissemination efforts by preparing documentation to communicate methods, results, and interpretation of the findings
- You will assist with preparing research reports and scientific publications by programming customized data displays as well as providing statistical details on the design and conduct of the study
- You will contribute to the development of the standards, procedures, and methodologies of the IIR Stat team.
- You will maintain current knowledge in developments in statistical methodology and statistical programming language (R)
- You will assist with grant writing
- You will assist with research reports and scientific publications by providing relevant data summaries and displays
This position reports to the Program Director, IIR and Data Science. In this role you will be working closely with clinical investigators, research scholars and the IIR team and informatics experts. You will also actively support research efforts during the annual summer internship program.
- MS degree in biostatistics or statistics is preferred. Bachelor’s level degree considered with relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience in statistics, clinical research, pharmaceutical clinical trials, statistical programming, DATA analysis
- 2+ years of experience in R programming
- Critical thinking, ability to understand basic medical information and process methodological, clinical, and scientific information
- Knowledge of and experience with basic statistics, clinical trial design, principles of data analysis, survival methods, longitudinal datA
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and adhere to deadlines with quality under pressure
- Ability to prioritize the workload across multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Work effectively as a team member
- Computing skills (Access, MS office)
- Must have strong verbal and written English
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk between hospital, clinic, Allina Lab and office as needed
- Flexibility to work during non-traditional working hours (evenings and weekends) on occasion
- This job posting represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- This is an onsite position that will require working out of the MHIF Office.
Apply to join our talented 80+ person team:
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: October 11, 2022