Areas of Research
To accomplish our bold mission of creating a world without heart and vascular disease, we are committed to pushing the boundaries of discovery through innovative, world-class research across a continuum of care.
Our Areas of Research include:
- Advanced Coronary Interventions: Pursuing new techniques, devices and medications to treat complex and recurring blockages within the coronary artery. We are making the impossible possible through our Center for Coronary Artery Disease.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery: Leveraging new techniques, devices and medications that can be used during heart surgery which may improve recovery.
- Clinical Cardiology: Advancing the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the heart and surrounding blood vessels.
- Electrophysiology: Exploring new therapies for patients with abnormal heart rhythms, including genetic arrhythmias.
- Gene Therapy, Stem Cells and Biomaterials: Expanding options for patients, with a focus on cardiovascular recovery and restoring heart function.
- Heart Failure and Transplant/VAD: Delivering comprehensive care for heart failure, with a full spectrum of therapeutic options.
- Imaging: Developing and testing better diagnostic instruments to help doctors “see” heart problems without invasive procedures. Learn more about our Cardiovascular Imaging Research Center.
- Interventional: Testing advanced catheter-based treatments for various coronary artery and other structural or non-valvular diseases.
- Prevention and Population Health: Discovering new therapies and programs to prevent heart disease. Learn more about our Center for Cardiovascular Health and our Rural Health Transformation Center.
- Valve and Structural Heart Disease: Exploring innovative approaches with less-invasive techniques for the treatment of heart valve disease. Our Valve Science Center is leading the way to providing life-saving solutions.
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgery: Using advanced care and innovative technology, including emergency programs, for patients with vascular disease.
- Women’s Health: Gaining an understanding of cardiovascular disease particularly tailored to women-specific physiology needs. Learn about our Penny Anderson Women’s Center for Cardiovascular Health.
Cardiovascular Grand Rounds
Our Cardiovascular Grand Rounds offers physicians and other health care providers the opportunity to review and discuss the latest developments in cardiovascular care.
Find Clinical Research Trials
Any Gift, Big or Small, has a Significant Impact on People’s Lives