The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Data Scientist to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 40th year, MHIF is recognized globally as a research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine with cutting-edge science centers.
The Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) program is looking for a kind, curious, and dedicated person to join our team to help drive innovations and advance medical discoveries. As a data scientist, you will be responsible for managing a large and diverse portfolio of research data resources. Working together with clinical investigators, research and informatics teams, you will help improve and streamline data management standards and practices.
- Work with data informatics team to abstract patient data from medical record or other source documents and enter into a registry, database or other study system.
- Maintain and support existing data resources and design and develop new data resources to enable data collection, management, extraction, and analysis.
- Manage a portfolio of data resources while prioritizing efforts in accordance with projects’ deadlines and institutional milestones.
- Develop self-service analytical tools and dashboards to stream-line processes, reporting, and visualization Assist with the publication of manuscripts and abstracts.
- Share insights with investigators and team members using data visualizations, written and verbal communications.
- Assist with research reports and scientific publications by providing relevant data summaries and displays.
- Improve and advance the enterprise data strategy to ensure quality and integrity of data resources and help establish, document, and maintain data requirements and standards.
This position reports to the Program Director, IIR and Data Science. In this role you will be working closely with clinical investigators, research scholars, the IIR team and informatics experts. This individual will also place an active role in supporting research efforts during the annual summer internship program.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, informatics, or related field.
- Experience in a data-science role ideally working with clinical data.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of data processing as well as developing visualization and reporting tools in R (tidyverse, shiny, RMarkdown, ggplot)
- Experience in clinical research and REDCap (Research electronic data capture) database set up and management is a plus.
- Highly organized with ability to work independently, take initiative and adhere to deadlines while prioritizing the workload across multiple projects
- Critical thinking, ability to understand and interpret methodological, clinical, and scientific information.
- Knowledge of and experience with using basic statistics to summarize and present data
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in an engaging and informative way
- Basic knowledge of data architecture and SQL
- Must have strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others as a team and in support of a positive work culture.
Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Join our talented 80+ person team:
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: January 6, 2022