Join the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation and make an impact as a Medical Scheduler and Research Administrative Assistant (RAA), enabling the success of our Research Team!
Now in its 39th year, MHIF is one of the leading non-profit cardiovascular and vascular research and education institutions in the country. We exist to create a world without heart disease and our mission is to improve people’s lives through the highest quality cardiovascular research and education. Staffed with over 80 high caliber employees, we conduct cutting-edge clinical research and transformative community research.
We are seeking candidates committed to making a difference and bring a high level of integrity, initiative, flexibility, organization skills, and a positive attitude. In this role, you will support the ongoing needs of clinical research trials, research databases and other research projects. In collaboration with the clinical research team, this individual is responsible for research participant scheduling, EMR and RealTime registration, imaging, data entry and administrative and general assistance as needed. Reporting to the Clinical Research Manager, you will also collaborate with the broader Clinical Research department including MHIF Clinical Research Coordinators, Minneapolis Heart Institute (MHI) physicians, Abbott Northwestern staff, and vendors.
- Research Participant Scheduling and Registration
- In collaboration with the Research Support Specialist (RSS), this team member is responsible for research participant scheduling and registration.
- When possible, the RAA makes suggestions for continuous improvements to the RSS and other research team members as applicable.
- The RAA communicates regularly with the RSS to coordinate team schedules regularly and provide back-up coverage when needed.
- Reviews each study protocol, identifies the scheduling requirements, and modifies any tools for accurate scheduling. Communicates these to the team as appropriate.
- Following study-specific scheduling requirements, arranges for study visits including research visit with study coordinator and/or physician and required protocol-driven testing and procedures.
- Navigates the complexities of scheduling through the clinic, cardiovascular diagnostic and hospital services utilizing influence and customer service skills.
- Follows registration requirements according to standards specified for each study and related Allina Health operational guidelines
- Collaborates with the research coordinators, clinical research managers and Allina Health to successfully register research participant encounters.
- Responds to registration and scheduling inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinates patient travel, including hotel reservations and transportation.
- Data Entry/Special Projects/Imaging Transfers (as assigned)
- Assists in the completion of case report forms under the direct guidance of the research coordinator
- Faxes/copies/files case report forms and source documents.
- Redacts personal health information (PHI) from various documents according to confidentiality guidelines.
- Prepares study visit packets
- Enters study required data into registry, database, or other study-related systems
- Completes study specific imaging transfers for multiple studies
- General Administrative Support
- Completes other general, administrative, and study-related tasks, as assigned which may include assisting with lab administrative functions or patient study visit needs.
- Works collaboratively with all MHIF employees as part of a positive, supportive culture
This position reports to a Clinical Research Manager and supports team members across the broader Clinical Research department. The incumbent interacts regularly with MHIF Research Coordinators and other research staff, Minneapolis Heart Institute (MHI) physicians, Abbott Northwestern staff, and vendors.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Associate or bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least one year of experience working in a clinical setting with exposure to medical charts and basic medical concepts.
- Prior experience working with EMR. Minimum one-year experience working with data management systems or in office settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with team members and contribute to a positive work culture. Skilled in interacting with and connecting with patients.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple projects; ability to shift priorities as instructed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and numerical aptitude.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel Data entry skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Walk between hospital, clinic, Allina Lab, and office as needed for LAR, coordinator support.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position is fulfilled onsite
- Work in a cubicle in a typical office setting on campus
- Work in proximity to a hospital/clinic and laboratory setting with limited exposure to blood and body fluids, and dry ice
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Join our talented 80+ person team:
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: October 8, 2021