Join the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation and make an impact as Donor Programs Assistant, enabling the success of our fundraising and education teams!
Now in its 39th year, MHIF is one of the leading non-profit cardiovascular and vascular research and education institutions in the country. We exist to create a world without heart disease and our mission is to improve people’s lives through the highest quality cardiovascular research and education. Staffed with over 70 high caliber employees, we conduct cutting-edge clinical research and transformative community research.
We are seeking candidates committed to making a difference, bring their high level of integrity, initiative, flexibility, organization skills and positive attitude. In this role, you will organize and execute meetings, events and projects and interface with donors, physicians, MHIF leadership and staff to ensure a seamless experience. Additionally, in this high impact role, the individual helps to support and optimize Salesforce (CRM) to enable MHIF events, contacts, brand and decision making. Reporting to the Vice President, Advancement, Marketing & Communications, you will also collaborate with the Education and administration teams and across MHIF.
- Team and Meeting Coordination:
- Maintain event and communication master calendars and raise up date conflicts with organizational and conference events
- Coordinate internal meetings, set up the location, draft agendas, organize meeting materials and pre-reads, and handle other logistics. This includes meetings for the Development/Marketing and Education Committees of the MHIF Board of Directors. Capture meeting minutes.
- Support donor meeting needs for a great MHIF experience: Lunch and dinner arrangements and thinking through contingencies to support a successful meeting or event. Follows up by phone with attendees as needed.
- Support larger in-person donor and education events, partnering with the event and education managers for successful event registration and day of event needs. Ensure print and organization of materials and nametags, etc.
- DATA/CRM (Salesforce) Support:
- Contributes as a crucial member of the team executing data input and creating valuable reports needed by stakeholders. Enthusiastic about good database management to make data driven decisions.
- Maintain database by routinely checking for duplicates, ensuring proper naming, proofing, and special projects.
- Support the development, marketing, and education teams, pulling reports with a focus on audience segmentation for events, solicitations, and other communication needs.
- Enters gifts into the system with the utmost accuracy
- Maintain constituent data, entering email, address and phone number changes and research patient status.
- Assist in maintaining records of relationships and affiliations of key donors and event statuses when needed.
- Partner with Data Architect on reporting opportunities, dashboard ideas, and mass data imports.
- Collaborate to ensure smooth operations for the designated teams and in Suite 100
- Manage inventory of marketing, and education materials and procure supplies.
- Ensure that the printers, copiers and other office equipment are in working order.
- Identify what computer needs exist for the teams and communicates to tech partner following manager approval.
- Manage various annual projects that support the department, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Front desk coverage one day a week in addition to providing back-up as needed to support MHIF’s brand
- High School Diploma required with at least two years and preferably four years college education
- Advanced knowledge, skill with MS Office suite and strong skills with PowerPoint. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Five years experience adding value and being proactive with teams, aiding with task and project execution and process improvement across complex tasks and initiatives. Experience with project management tools e.g. Asana a plus. Excellent organizational and follow through skills for handling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience working with details and process improvement
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication/interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with multiple departments
- Excellent judgment and discretion coupled with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Examples of critical thinking to handle complex tasks. Skilled problem solver
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm with occasional early or late meeting or event work. Workdays will be onsite.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Work at a computer sometimes for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs., occasionally
- Work in a cubicle in a typical office setting
Join our talented 80+ person team:
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: September 14, 2021