For the Heart of MN: A Cardiovascular Nursing Conference
REGISTRATION COMING SOON
Join us for a cardiovascular nursing education event!
Care for individuals with cardiovascular disease has continued to grow and advance in complexity. This conference is a unique opportunity for nurses living in rural areas to further their knowledge in cardiovascular disease, including best practices and patient-care models to influence the heart health of patients.
There will be both in-person and virtual webinar attendance options for this event.
Date & Time
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
7am – 4pm CST
Grand View Lodge
23521 Nokomis Ave, Nisswa, MN 56468
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- List commonly encountered cardiovascular diseases and current evidence-based treatments.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of the role nursing has in heart failure management within both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Discuss the emerging role of palliative care in end-stage heart disease among rural populations in MN.
- Identify the importance of cardiovascular research and the role it plays in caring for patients.
- Verbalize understanding of new advances in cardiac pacemaker technology.
- Recall current pharmacology updates in the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Discuss the role of stress testing in diagnosing coronary artery disease.
- Outline ways in which food can be used in the prevention of cardiovascular disease and the components of Food as Medicine programs around the country.
- Name ways in which cardiovascular disease may present in women as well as other health equity issues in cardiovascular health.
In-patient and Out-patient Nurses, including APRNs, RNs, LPNs, CNAs and students, primarily in rural Minnesota
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 (Central Daylight Time)
7:00 AM Registration and Breakfast Buffet
7:55 AM Opening Remarks and Welcome Peter Stokman, MD
8:10 AM Healthy Provider, Healthy Patient Peter Stokman, MD
8:40 AM CV Disease and Diabetes Updates Timothy Dirks, MD
9:10 AM One Rural Family’s Encounter with HD Chrissy Soxman BSN, RN
9:40 AM BREAK
10:00 AM Pacemakers Demystified Al Starzl BSN, RN
10:30 AM Stress Testing – Interactive Cases Eric Fenstad, MD
11:00 AM Food as Medicine Gretchen Benson, RDN
11:30 AM Lunch
12:30 PM Women’s Heart Health and Healthcare Equity Courtney Jordan-Baechler, MD
1:10 PM Cardiac Pharmacology Update Paige Skelton, PharmD
1:40 PM Role of RN/APRN in HF Management Lisa Smith, CNS
2:10 PM BREAK
2:35 PM Role of Palliative Care in End-Stage CVD Julie Benson, MD
3:10 PM Nursing Reflection Frances Hoffman, MSN, CNP
3:40 PM Takeaways, Wrap Up and Evaluation
Peter Stokman, MD
Courtney Jordan-Baechler, MD
Al Starzl BSN, RN
Eric Fenstad, MD
Paige Skelton, PharmD
Timothy Dirks, MD
Lisa Smith, CNS
Julie Benson, MD
Frances Hoffman, MSN, CNP
Chrissy Soxman BSN, RN
Gretchen Benson, RDN
There will be both in-person and online options for attending this event.
- In-person event: $150
- Webinar: $100
- Student: $75
Are you interested in sponsoring our upcoming cardiovascular nursing conference?
If so, please email us at: email@example.com
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-863-3625
Thank you to our sponsors!
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) aims to create a world without heart and vascular disease. Our efforts are focused on improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. This bold vision fuels efforts to investigate new protocols and treatments designed to save lives. Research findings and expertise are disseminated through our professional and community education programs. Learn more about MHIF’s education work by clicking the button below.