The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Research Scholar for its Cardiovascular Imaging Research Center to join our team August, 2021. MHIF’s vision is to create a world without heart and vascular disease; we do this through innovative cardiovascular research and education. Now in our 39th year, we work closely with Allina Health System and Minneapolis Heart Institute providers on the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
An educational mission of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is to provide the next generation of physicians the clinical and analytical skills in advanced cardiovascular imaging enabling insights into the characterization of disease and refining patient selection for structural interventions. This is achieved through innovative concepts and approaches for imaging acquisition and analysis.
The Research Scholar of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation (MHIF) – Cardiovascular Imaging Research Center (CIRC) will work and learn shoulder to shoulder with research community leaders in the area of cardiac imaging and structural interventions. The multidisciplinary research team encompassing international research scholars, research data managers, cardiologists with advanced imaging skills, interventional cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons will allow a rich environment for clinical research productivity and mutual learning.
The ultimate goal of this research training is to further improve analytical skills and develop expertise in the growing field of structural interventions, through clinical research projects which will ultimately lead to improved patient care.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in scientific discussions and translate scientific objectives into CIRC initiatives related to imaging clinical research conducted through ongoing collaborative research
- Support CIRC research and educational endeavors to enhance database expansion and advanced imaging analysis incorporating novel analytic tools and resulting in enrichment of the data archives and enhancing value to the research
- Support efforts to communicate activities of CIRC to include publication of results, attending and speaking engagements at professional meetings, providing website content and other forums as
- Support / lead key research initiatives for Valve Scholar/Imaging
- Participate in core lab research activities.
- The candidate should also apply for external funding opportunities, and participate in the preparation of grant applications from the team and with collaborators.
- MD with Cardiovascular experience in Cardiac CT and MRI Imaging
- 2+ years of academic and/or clinical experience with advanced cardiac imaging
- Comprehensive understanding of research methodology and ethics, as evidenced by personal research portfolio
- Experience with database construction, management and knowledge of basic statistical methods
- Experience and knowledge of imaging analytic methods and emerging approaches of quantitative cardiac imaging, preferably with experience with machine learning
- Experience with peer-reviewed publications in the field of cardiac imaging
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and will be expected to publish in peer-reviewed journals, present results at scientific conferences
- The candidate should be able to handle multiple projects and have the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a research group
- Chosen scholar will be assisted in the acquisition of a research visa which is often granted in one-year increments. The minimum commitment we are asking for this position is of 2 full-years to maximize the training, education, research and publication experience.
- We are looking for this scholar to begin on or before August, 2021.
- Research scholar will receive a full-time salary and employee benefits, and relocation service assistance to identify housing, acquire a social security number, set up bank accounts, etc.
To apply to join our talented 70+ person team:
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: March 25, 2021