The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Senior Biostatistician to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research, education and dissemination. Now in its 39th year, MHIF is a recognized research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine and population health initiatives. Each year MHIF leads more than 225 active research projects and publishes more than 200 peer-reviewed studies. With a growing Scientific Services department and investigator-initiated research, the Senior Biostatistician and IIR Manager will be managing a portfolio of studies through a team of statisticians and Research Associates and help physicians in analyzing and publishing their findings across the full realm of cardiovascular research. With over 200 MHIF publications per year, a statistician at MHIF can expect to publish around 10 peer-reviewed manuscripts per year.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Perform statistical expertise to clinical research projects.
- Serve as a statistical project leader, statistical consultant, and/or lead statistical analyst for randomized trials or observational studies
- Consults with clinical investigators to assist in developing project needs and writing the statistical design, methods, and analysis sections including sample size and power calculation and generation of randomization schema for research proposals and grants
- Assists data informatics teams in the creation of logic code for systematic extractions of data from electronic medical records
- Recommends appropriate methodologic procedures for statistical analysis; overall descriptive statistics; exploratory data analyses, including graphs, summary statistics, and necessary transformations; and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or models
- Contribute to peer-reviewed articles independently, in coordination with the lead author/physician
2. Strategy and Goals/Clear Direction and Coaching for Team
- In line with the overall strategy and goals of MHIF, the Manager develops goals and objectives with direct reports, providing clear alignment and contribution to the greater department goals.
- Allocates work, delegates work assignments, and matches skills to the work to ensure that work is assigned at the right level to optimize staff talents and effectiveness
- Plans, establishes metrics, oversees and evaluates the execution and productivity of the ongoing operations of the research unit
- Effectively coaches team members, provides reinforcing and constructive performance and development feedback for direct reports as well as ongoing team communication
- Master’s degree in biostatistics or statistics or related field with at least 10 years’ experience in research or a Doctorate degree in biostatistics or statistics or related field with at least 3 years’ experience in research
- Basic knowledge of data architecture and SQL code
- Statistical analytic software skills, knowledge of Stata and R highly desirable
- Some supervisory/manager experience providing work direction for a statistical and research team which may also include hiring, training, coaching, developing and managing performance of individuals.
- Advanced knowledge of research methods, design, and statistical evaluation for observational, longitudinal and randomized studies
- Must have strong verbal and written English skills
- Computing skills (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
To apply to join our talented 80+ person team: Please use the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39263a55-c11d-480c-b3b1-4599b9d7ad64&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=401088&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: February 10, 2021