The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking an HR Generalist looking to make a difference in their organization, contribute to its vision and enable the success of others. MHIF’s vision is to create a world without heart and vascular disease; we do this through innovative cardiovascular research and education. With MHIF now in its 39th year, it’s fascinating to be close to the work that has led to MHIF’s global recognition. A small and strong organization, we are part of something bigger, working closely with Allina and Minneapolis Heart Institute providers on the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital. Every day we know our purpose.
The HR Generalist plays an integral to the organization serving as a conduit to the MHIF team, enabling their every success. In this hands-on and versatile role, the Generalist utilizes analytical skills for compensation, benefits and HRIS responsibilities, while tapping their understanding of talent and human behavior when executing recruiting, onboarding, employee relations and engagement responsibilities. A key communications role, the Generalist works for well-understood employee programs and policies. This is an excellent position for someone looking to add value as an involved, respected partner across the spectrum of HR and wishing variety in their role with opportunities to learn and grow.
- Ensures great MHIF talent. Drives the recruitment process, clarifying the hiring profile, crafting and executing a recruiting plan, screening, and facilitating candidate selection, reference checks and the offer. With the HR leader, cultivates a strong employer brand to draw candidates and retain talent.
- Introduces new hires to MHIF through an effective orientation and onboarding process for a positive start. Is a valued point person for managers and staff, answering questions regarding benefits, employment, leaves, tuition reimbursement, PTO, etc. and serving as a supportive contact in employee relations/open door process.
- Stays plugged into employees’ engagement and works with managers and the HR leader to develop short and long-term strategies. Coordinates employee recognition and employee giving programs and monthly All Staff meetings. Adds value to organizational committees.
- Ensures that company benefits are well understood. Administers company benefits including change reporting, COBRA and retirement plan compliance, reports and notifications. Manages a department calendar to monitor key deadlines. Manages the annual open enrollment process, promotes benefits tools and crafts employee communication for ease and clarity. Leverages the benefits broker and vendors.
- With the HR leader, facilitates the annual merit increase process and maintains a collaborative relationship with finance and payroll for all key processes. Maintains the human resources information system (HRIS) for accurate and consistent recordkeeping and personnel transactions and smooth interface with payroll.
- Leads or contributes to special projects e.g. HR process improvements, research of changing laws and updates of policies and handbooks. Can participate in a variety of organizational development and other strategic initiatives. Is always mindful of what needs to be communicated to managers and staff to keep everyone informed.
- Administers leaves, FMLA and disability programs. Tracks and executes compliance requirements in employment, affirmative action/EEO, workers compensation, etc. Ensures required postings, record keeping and report filing.
- Helps identify and maintain metrics and organizational reports such as dashboards, organizational chart, etc.
- Participates in so many other ways to enable the success of our talent including workspace logistics, ergonomics, intern coordination, etc.
This position reports to the Chief Talent, Education and Strategy Officer. The Generalist interacts with MHIF team members from Research (e.g. research/regulatory coordinators and international physicians, interns), Education, Development, Marketing, and Finance and physician partners.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, human resources or communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience administering benefit and retirement plans and utilizing an HRIS system
- Experience in recruiting, onboarding, hiring and effectively handling employee relations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Works well under pressure and always with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality. Highly approachable, with a high EQ. Has demonstrated multi-cultural awareness.
- Analytical skills with strong knowledge of benefit administration, recordkeeping. Strong computer literacy including Excel. Familiar with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and state/federal regulations.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations and how to translate to managers
- Organized, detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and keep varied tasks and projects moving simultaneously. Excellent, timely follow up with others. An active problem solver.
- Evidence of being a continuous learner, interested in improving processes and programs for the betterment of the team/organization. Creative and open to trying new things
To apply to join our talented 80+ person team: Please use the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39263a55-c11d-480c-b3b1-4599b9d7ad64&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=401090&source=CC2&lang=en_US
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Date posted: February 10, 2021