An established cardiology research team led by Valve Science Center Chair, Paul Sorajja, MD invites applications for a full-time research scholar for a period of two years to join the Valve Science Center team. Our research team is based at the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation (MHIF) in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA and works in collaboration with the Minneapolis Heart Institute® at Abbott Northwestern Hospital (MHI), part of the Allina Health System. We are seeking a highly motivated physician researcher who is interested in studying valvular heart disease and contributing to progress in the field.
Top candidates enjoy and have experience in handling multiple projects and working independently as well as collaboratively in a research group. Using excellent written and oral English communication skills, scholars are expected to publish in peer-reviewed journals and present results at scientific conferences.
This postdoctoral training experience includes mentorship from multi- subspecialty Valve Science Center physicians and support from a scientific services team in developing a research program, writing research proposals and career development.
Key Responsibilities and experience gained include:
- Under the oversight of several physician mentors, participate in the design, implementation, data analysis and presentation of multiple population research studies using scientific methods.
- Prepare and submit abstracts to scientific congresses and present the work in oral and/or poster The second year of the program typically involves presentation of publication of multiple scientific studies with the Valve Science Research Scholar as lead author.
- Build experience and be mentored in medical writing and the publication process.
- Participate in clinical observations; note: this research position has no patient care responsibilities.
- Research focus areas will include mitral and tricuspid valvular disease and interventions.
Duration: We will assist the chosen scholar in the acquisition of a research visa which is often granted in one-year increments. We are looking for a minimum commitment of 2 years full-time to optimize this training, education, research and publication experience.
Qualifications: Medical degree with track record of excellence. Completion of cardiology training is preferred but not required. Familiarity with state-of-the-art care in valvular and structural heart disease. Knowledge of scientific research methods, processes, and general familiarity with the design and execution of research protocols. Proficiency in English (verbal and written). Possesses foundational skills in technology, including Excel, databases and PowerPoint. Experience working collaboratively in a team setting.
Financial Support: Research scholar will receive a full-time salary and employee benefits, and relocation service assistance to identify housing, acquire a social security number, set up bank accounts, etc.
To apply to join our talented 80+ person team
Please use the following link:
Date posted: January 28, 2021
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.