The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 38th year, MHIF is recognized globally as a research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine with cutting-edge science centers.
In this role, you have an opportunity to be an integral member of the Development team. In addition to ensuring the essentials of timely gift processing, database maintenance and fundraising program coordination, you have the opportunity to develop and implement unique touch points to steward and cultivate donor relationships – and go the extra mile to make donor experience great!
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide ongoing gift entry, data support, reporting, and list pulls. Ensures accuracy and send acknowledgements in a timely manner.
- Ensure donor relations and stewardship activities are tracked in Salesforce and to enhance relationships, assess effectiveness and increase the likelihood of continued support.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure accuracy and validation.
- Create innovative programs and projects to acknowledge, inspire, and steward donors.
- Partners with leadership on the upkeep production of recognition lists. Develop and implement new recognition opportunities for donor communities.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of donor proposals and stewardship reports.
- New donor stewardship/outreach – thank donors, connect existing or new donors to relevant team member or physician for acknowledgement.
- Participate in various departmental and organizational events and consider unknown opportunities where appropriate.
- Provide coordination and work as a liaison between organizational leadership, development team members, our finance team, and at times physician leaders.
- Work collaboratively with all MHIF employees and foster positive, supportive culture.
- Perform other duties as needed to further the team and vision.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in data entry/management and donor stewardship with demonstrated knowledge of philanthropic support, fundraising and donor relations and gift process.
- Experience with Salesforce database is preferred.
- Digital engagement expertise preferred to stay connected with donors as well as annual fund experience
- Exceptional customer service/public relations skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and critical thinking skills with examples of taking initiative and improving processes
- Networking and donor research skills.
- Familiarity with and/or ability to learn the regulations, policies and procedures related to the philanthropic sector.
- History of being accurate, paying attention to details and operating in a confidential manner.
- Skills in creating, organizing, and analyzing complex reports.
- Examples of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to balance needs of donors with organizational priorities
To apply to join our talented 70+ person team:
Please apply on line using the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39263a55-c11d-480c-b3b1-4599b9d7ad64&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=392788&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Date posted: July 16, 2020
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.