The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking an Office Coordinator, Administrative Assistant to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 38th year, MHIF is recognized globally as a research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine with cutting-edge science centers.
The Office Coordinator, Administrative Assistant plays a pivotal role in enabling the productivity and success of the Research Operations team through proactive planning, problem solving and execution. As this team’s primary focus is execution of sponsored clinical trials, collaboration, productivity, teamwork, communication, customer service and continuous improvement are imperative. Supporting the executive leader and the Clinical Research Managers, this person is often the “hub of the wheel”, keeping things moving smoothly and expediently. This is a good role for someone looking to make a difference and who likes to take initiative and exhibit personal leadership.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Calendaring/Meetings/Gatherings, Visitors and Research Event:
- Improves and oversees monitoring processes working with Allina and industry sponsors and their monitors. Maintains monitor requests and calendar and facilitates a productive and professional monitor visit
- Department calendaring – supports the executive leader and the Research Managers with daily schedules; keeping them alert to changes or conflicting meetings.
- Reviews department plans and calendars, anticipating department needs, preparing and recommend next steps e.g. plan for Research staff celebrations, holiday events, and recognition well in advance.
- For meetings, coordinates and schedules attendees, accommodating conflicts and complex schedules with internal and external participants. Manages menu, catering, venue; gathers and distributes agenda and meeting materials
- Facilitates a positive MHIF experience with attendees, thinking through contingencies, and helping to evaluate success of the event or meeting.
- Takes initiative with all Research Leadership to establish agenda upfront, identify, gather and distribute meeting materials and organize logistics.
- Envisions and organizes the meeting packet together to include a draft of the agenda, management and communication with pre-reads to Clinical Research Leadership. Makes suggestions and ensures all materials are ready for meetings.
- Attends and supports meetings, as directed, playing a variety of roles
- Authors minutes that capture important information e.g. MHIF Research Committee.
2. Budget and Invoice Management for Research Team
- Processes expense reports in collaboration with research staff for accurate and complete reporting.
- Processes expenses aligned with annual budget
- Coordinates process and executes travel arrangements for Research staff.
- Works closely with MHIF Finance to reconcile and troubleshoot all invoices for payment
- Tracks and completes analysis on various accounts for the budgets.
- Proactively evaluates, seek and gather information to improve current vendors list in order to enhance economics for MHIF; provides recommendations to VP, Clinical Research Operations
3. Serves as Office Coordinator of Research department regarding technology, materials and supplies for productivity and ease
- Assess and manage inventory of office products are in line with clinical staff needs and budgets.
- Ensures that printers, copiers and other office equipment are in working order and manages inventory.
- Identifies what computer needs exist for the teams and communicates to MHIF Human Resources following manager approval
- Provides inventory control of Research collateral or literature.
- Facilitates and manages other coordinated business e.g. lab coats, beverages, various deliveries.
- As a super user of all MHIF audio-visual equipment, serve as a trainer and facilitator in the effective use of the equipment, helpful when providing back up support as needed for other MHIF audio-visual equipment.
- Taking on various projects that support the department, efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintains research staff mail outgoing and receipt/distribution; coordinates staff mailboxes
- Owner of storage room, schedule clean up days
4. Helps to further research
- Visual management – maintains research visual management displays and suggests and updates the sixth floor display screens with needed communications
- Authors and creates general communications and documents, including presentation materials, meeting minutes and agendas in support of staff
- Obtains physician signatures on critical documents
- Helps with submission of scientific posters, abstracts or manuscripts as needed
- Assist with mailings, ensuring that the appropriate postage is ready for execution
- Provides back up as needed for other staff and administrative assistants
5. Work collaboratively with all MHIF employees as part of a positive, supportive culture.
- High School Diploma required; at least two year; four years college education a plus
- Five years’ experience in project management and office coordination across complex tasks and initiatives.
- Excellent organizational, initiative and follow through skills for handling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgment and discretion coupled with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- History of being proactive in enhancing the effectiveness of teams with some process improvement experience
- Examples of critical thinking to handle complex tasks. Skilled problem solver.
- Experience in working effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Versatile team player and remains poised under pressure.
- Prefer experience working with physicians or other professional audiences
- Advanced knowledge, skill and ability of current office technology and related computer programs (MS Office, EXCEL, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm with occasional early or late meeting or event work.
This job description represents the major functions of the position, but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
To apply to join our talented 70+ person team, please use the link below:
Date posted: July 2, 2020
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.