The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Research Associate to join its outstanding research team, focused in the area of Investigator Initiated Research. MHIF is one of the leading cardiovascular research and education institutions in the country. We exist to create a world without heart disease and our mission is to improve people’s lives through the highest quality cardiovascular research and education.
Supporting the furtherance of the research and its dissemination with MHIF’s Scientific Services team, in this position involves writing protocols, collecting and entering patient data into study data systems, and assisting in abstract and manuscript writing. This role is well situated for those building a career in medicine, providing the opportunity to gain skills in project design, data organization and analysis, and research writing and dissemination.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Abstract patient data from medical record or other source documents and enter into a registry, database or other study system.
- With supervision, make patient contacts to collect study required data.
- Draft text and/or charts for abstracts, manuscripts and poster/Power Point presentations.
- Conduct literature review and designated data analysis.
- Perform data validation and manipulation needs on research studies.
- Disseminate study outcomes internally, prepare and deliver presentations at Grand Rounds and potentially prepare for and present at national conferences.
- Assist with the publication of manuscripts and abstracts.
- Participates in continued learning; participates in weekly observations: didactics and expert care and shadowing.
- May provide training, onboarding and ongoing support to other IIR research associates.
- Provides other support to the Scientific Services team and work collaboratively with all MHIF employees as part of a positive, supportive culture.
- Ensures Human Subject Protection
- Determines subject eligibility based on protocol inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Assures all human participant’s questions and concerns are addressed continuously throughout study participation in a timely fashion.
- Properly identifies, documents and assists with Institutional Review Board (IRB) mandated reporting.
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to read medical charts and understand basic medical concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others as a team and in support of a positive work culture
- Written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in Microsoft suite including Excel
To apply to join our talented 80+ person team:
Please click on the following link:
Date posted: May 15, 2020
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.