The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a biostatistician to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research, education and dissemination. Now in its 38th year, MHIF is a recognized research leader in the broadest range of cardiovascular medicine and population health initiatives.
With the growth of investigator-initiated research, we are adding a Biostatistician Level I position to provide statistical support for clinical research initiatives including help with study design, preparing and implementing statistical analysis plans, helping interpret and communicate results, providing assistance with publications, grants, and communications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide statistical support for assigned clinical studies, including assisting with study design, creating data analysis sets per specifications, performing quality check on data and exploratory analysis, statistical programming and analysis.
- Review, summarize and present literature relevant to the study to the colleagues and study team.
- Prepare documentation to communicate methods, results, and interpretation of the findings to the investigative team.
- Assist with preparing research reports and scientific publications by programming customized data displays as well as providing statistical details on the design and conduct of the study.
- Discuss with colleagues, investigators, and supervisor the need for any additional analyses and/or special methodologic requirements.
- Contribute to the development of the standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Maintain current knowledge in developments in statistical methodology.
- Maintain current knowledge in developments in statistical programming language (R).
- Assist with the research project planning including time/cost estimates, tools, and other aspects.
- Assist with grant writing.
- Assists data informatics teams in the creation of logic code for systematic extractions of data from electronic medical records.
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- MS degree in biostatistics, statistics, or public health preferred. Bachelor’s level degree considered with relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, biostatistics, clinical research, pharmaceutical clinical trials, statistical programming, analysis of complex data sets.
- 2+ years of experience in R programming.
- Critical thinking, ability to understand basic medical information and process methodological, clinical, and scientific information.
- Knowledge of and experience with basic statistics, clinical trial design, principles of data analysis, survival methods, longitudinal data.
- Knowledge of and experience using of R.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and adhere to deadlines with quality under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize the workload across multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Work effectively as a team member
- Computing skills (Access, MS office)
- Basic knowledge of data architecture and SQL code
- Must have strong verbal and written English
To apply to join our talented 80+ person team:
Please click on the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39263a55-c11d-480c-b3b1-4599b9d7ad64&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=337502&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Date posted: January 3, 2020
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.