The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation (MHIF) is seeking an Events Manager to advance our mission and brand through major donor events and important development, educational and community meetings and events. Now in its 37th year, MHIF is one of the leading non-profit cardiovascular and vascular research and education institutions in the country with a compelling vision to create a world without heart disease.
In this high impact role, the Events Manager’s responsibilities include the conception, strategy, development, management and execution of MHIF’s events. With ready access to MHIF leaders, physician partners at the Minneapolis Heart Institute, and other key stakeholders, you have an opportunity to help bring our mission to life for the betterment of patients.
- Bring vision and create continuity strategies across MHIF events to maximize intended impact and brand reinforcement with identified audiences, including donors, prospective donors, healthcare professionals, staff, patients and community members while meeting customer need.
- Tap best practices and creative thinking for unique approaches
- Collaborate with MHIF Development and Marketing teams to ensure that events are an extension of the MHIF brand and align with MHIF messaging. Participate with team members to create persuasive sponsorship appeals.
- Manage the entire end-to-end event/meeting planning and execution, including site inspections and selection, marketing, invitations and RSVP oversight, food, activities, vendor management and other logistics for all Development events.
- Serve as a key resource for the management of these functions for non-Development events.
- Evaluate and procure speakers for key events including the annual Gala.
- Develop, manage and collaborate on event budgets to meet financial objectives.
- Capture and analyze data to evaluate progress against goals and overall event success and return.
- Establish events committee structure and lead volunteers
- Work with Development, Education and other relationship owners to secure and deliver value to sponsors and other key stakeholders.
- Lead event teams, including cross-functional MHIF staff members, physicians and community members
- Where applicable, evaluate how staff can be involved or informed about MHIF events. Work collaboratively with all MHIF employees as part of a positive, supportive culture.
- Oversee the work of staff, consultants and volunteers assisting with events.
- Support third-party events, volunteer-sponsored fundraising events, house parties and other events.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience coordinating special events, fundraising events and /or meetings.
- Proven track record in successful project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience in working with multi-faceted stakeholders
- Ability to lead and execute on multiple projects and work assignments, meeting identified timelines
- Good knowledge of brand/message management/marketing
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member, positively adding to our culture
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to include staff and volunteers
- Ability to lead through influence, leveraging relationship building skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Event coordination experience with a non-profit organization.
- Experience with primary responsibility for a major event (e.g. Gala)
- Experience with donor relations and volunteer management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working with Salesforce
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please apply on line and be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume. To apply directly, please use the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39263a55-c11d-480c-b3b1-4599b9d7ad64&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=311695&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Date Posted: November 18, 2019