Several researchers from Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation represented at CRT2019 in Washington D.C. the first weekend in March. Amongst the team, there was a total of 43 presentations and 23 panel discussions. View photos from the weekend below!
Dr. Paul Sorajja, Roger L. and Lynn C. Headrick Family Chair for Valve Science Research, MHIF Valve Science Center, presented the following:
- How to Start (and Run) a Successful Mitral Valve Center
- How to Get a Surgical Like Result With Mitral Valve Repair: Is It Feasible?
- Mitral Valve Repair in Complex Anatomy Beyond – The A2-P2 Paradigm
- Mitral Valve Repair – Updates and Lessons Learned from the NCDR and the STS/ACC TVT Registry
- TMVr – Next-Generation Leaflet Repair Technologies
- TMVR With Tendyne in Severe Mitral Annular Calcification
- The Essentials on Mitral Clip: Treating Mitral Regurgitation, Addressing Patient Selection and Therapy in Complex Valvular Heart Disease
- What Have We Learned From the TENDYNE Mitral Valve Replacement Feasibility Trials?
- TENDYNE: Technology Update and Results of the First 100 Patients
- The Feasibility and Rationale for the TRILUMINATE II Pivotal Study
Dr. Manos Brilakis, Chairman, Complex Coronary Artery Disease Science Center, presented the following:
- Course Director – CTO Academy
- CTO PCI: How the Hybrid Approach Works
- Management of Non-Culprit CTO in STEMI
- Case Presentation III: Retrograde CTO
- Module V: CTO Around the Globe
- Clinical Trial Results in Shock Patients
- Module VI: Problem-Solving
- Meet the Experts – CTO
- Case Presentations #2: SVG CTO Case
- Group Discussion – CTO Tips and Tricks
- Using Fundamentals of Human Vision to Reduce Radiation Exposure in The Cath Lab
Dr. Joao Cavalcante, Director, Cardiac MRI, Structural CT and Cardiovascular Core Lab Imaging at Minneapolis Heart Institute® presented:
- Cardiac MRI for Mitral and Tricuspid Regurgitation – What Can We Add?
- Round Table Discussion: Imaging the Mitral
- The Role of MRI in Procedural Planning and in the Adjudication of PAR Severity
- Round Table Discussion: Imaging the Aortic Valve
- Structural Interventional Imaging
- CTA and CMR for Tricuspid Regurgitation?
- Panel Discussion: How Should we Proceed with Tricuspid Valve Interventions?
Dr. Michael Mooney, Director, Coronary Therapeutics at Minneapolis Heart Institute® presented:
- Update on Cooling
- The Case for Cooling in Cardiogenic Shock
- Clinical Trial Results in Shock Patients
- Panel Discussion: Can We Improve the Net Survival of Patients With Cardiogenic Shock
- Therapeutic Hypothermia for Cardiac Arrest and More
- Treatment of the Cardiogenic Shock Patient
- Panel Discussion: Treatment of the Cardiogenic Shock Patient
- CRT BEST INNOVATION COMPETITION: Enhanced Plaque Modification of Cadaveric Human Calcified Peripheral Arteries Treated With A Vessel Preparation System Enhanced Plaque Modification of Cadaveric Human Calcified Peripheral Arteries Treated With A Vessel Preparation System Enhanced Plaque Modification Of Cadaveric Human Calcified Peripheral Arteries Treated With A Vessel Preparation System
- CRT BEST INNOVATION COMPETITION: Second Heart: A Minimally Invasive Cardiac Assist Device
- CRT BEST INNOVATION COMPETITION: Expandable Polyurethane Stent Valve, Implanted by Catheter
- CRT BEST INNOVATION COMPETITION: Using Data Science Solutions to Drive Clinical Care and Clinical Trials
- On Valve Fracture
- CRT BEST INNOVATION COMPETITION: Heartflow Planner: Pre-procedural Planning to Optimize Treatment
Dr. Santiago Garcia, Interventional Cardiologist, Minneapolis Heart Institute®, presented:
- Avoiding and Managing Mitral Valve Repair Complications
Dr. Robert Schwart, Director or Research and Advanced Imaging at MInneapolis Heart Institute® presented:
- Renal Denervation for Uncontrolled Hypertension: Innovative Technology Update
- Sensing Renal Nerve Activity Before, During and After Denervation: Autonomix
- Panel Discussion: Innovative Technology Update: Have We Optimized the Technology?
- Hypertension Definition, Pathophysiology, New Targets and Medical Therapy
- Roundtable Panel Discussion: Is There an Unmet Need for Device-Based Renal Denervation?
- Renal Denervation: New Data From the Latest Feasibility Trials
- Panel Discussion: What Is the Take-Home Message From the Latest Clinical Data?
- Novel Assessment of the Coronary Microvasculature
Dr. Miho Fukui, MHIF Valve Science Center Research Fellow, presented:
- Extent of Cardiac Damage is Associated With Outcomes After Transthoracic Aortic Valve Replacement
- Association of Computed Tomography Derived Baseline Global Longitudinal Strain With All-Cause Mortality in Patients Treated With Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Association of Baseline Global Longitudinal Strain With All-Cause Mortality in Patients Treated With Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
Dr. Allison Hall, CTO/CHIP Fellow at MHIF CCAD Science Center, participated in the following:
- Women & Heart Symposium – Invited Guest
- Women in Cardiology Roundtable – Invited Guest